Our Adoption Process
If you are interested in adopting a Golden Retriever from GRRCC, please make sure you’ve read our Adoption Eligibility Requirements carefully.
1. Complete an adoption application
2. Vet Check. We will contact your vet to verify that animals you currently own, or have owned in the past, are or have been appropriately cared for, including:
3. Phone Interview. It may take ten days to two weeks for us to contact you, so please be patient as we are an all volunteer organization.
4. Home Visit. One of our volunteers will visit your home to meet all members of your family, pets included to get to know your family and see where be living.
We keep the available dogs section of our website as current as possible, but there is no guarantee that the dog that you are interested in will be available. It is best to complete an adoption application before you choose a dog, as the approval process can take several weeks.
5. Meeting your Golden. Once your home visit has been completed and you are approved to adopt, we will put you in touch with the foster parent(s) of the dog that interests you. In most cases, we ask that you travel to the foster home to meet the dog, as you will best be able to see his or her personality there, as opposed to in a strange environment.
6. Adoption Fees
In about a week, the medical records will be mailed to you, and the microchip will be registered in your name.
Congratulations! You are now the proud owner of a GRRCC dog! Your adoption fee includes membership to GRRCC for one year, and we encourage you to get involved in volunteering and coming to GRRCC events.